- Visit us at our WEEKLY ADOPTION EVENT. If there is a particular dog you would like to meet, please email us to verify that the dog will be at the event. If you can't attend the adoption event, you can contact us to schedule a "Meet & Greet" with the pet that you are interested in.
- Complete Adoption Application in person or ONLINE.
- A home visit will be required.
- All members of the family will need to meet your potential new pet. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
- If you are planning on adopting a dog and already have a pet(s), an introduction with them will also be necessary at the home visit.
- We have a 1 week foster-to-adopt period to make sure the dog is a good fit for your family.
- The adoption fee is $250. The adoption fee includes a veterinarian examination (if necessary), spay/neuter, microchip, current vaccinations, parasite testing/treatment, and a dental exam/cleaning (if necessary).
- You must be allowed to have dogs where you live, and be able to show proof if necessary.
- You must be 21 years or older to adopt. You may be required to show a valid form of I.D.
We are so happy that you've come to OAW in search of your next new family member!! Our goal is to provide as many homeless pets the best possible chance of finding a permanent, safe and loving home that meets their individual needs, and at the same time to help you find your perfect match. Everything we do is in the best interest of the pets in our care. Here is a brief outline of how our application process works: